Go Down

Topic: First Due Project Quick And Dirty Synth At 44.1Khz (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Yes that is it.
If you go with a fixed waveform then altering the amplitude as the sound progresses is standard. The Attach, Sustain, Decay envelope is popular.

DuaneB

This is the collection of waveforms I was planning to put on an SD Card and explore with my various Arduino synth engines -

http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

If you browse around you will find samples in the repository as well.

I was thinking of just using an LCD, a pot to scroll and a few buttons to traverse up and down through the directories/waveforms.

Hopefully it will sound interesting, the five dollar keyboard is quite entertaining as it stands, the addition of these waveforms and bit crush, xmode, echo and overdrive effects modulated by a spare oscillator should make it a little more interesting without having to build too much of a user interface.

For the moment I am just using an organ envelope - i.e. on/off, I know I will need to add ADSR at some point.

Any experience with this type of waveform - am I going to be disappointed ?

Duane B

Grumpy_Mike

Any experience with this type of waveform - am I going to be disappointed ?

Yes lots.
I think you might be dissapointed with the results. One cycle of a sax waveform is not going to sound like a sax when repeated. What gives sounds their unique tambura is the way the waveform develops over time. So a plucked string for example constantly changes the mix of harmonics it has in it so it sounds plucked. The same goes for other sounds like blown ones. Basically any waveform repeated will always sound like an organ with a diffrent arrangement of stops pulled out.

cyclegadget

Do you guys have any thoughts about using this project for an effects box with a guitar?
I want to create a multi-effect box for my guitar I have.

There are units available to add many effects to the guitar sound but, I would like to create my own box.

At this point, I need advice on what to do with the raw guitar output and then how to run it back into my amp at or about the same voltage the guitar would produce.

Grumpy_Mike

I want to create a multi-effect box for my guitar I have.

Yes that is a good use for the Due.

what to do with the raw guitar output

Amplify it to 5V peak to peak.

how to run it back into my amp at or about the same voltage the guitar would produce.

Put it through a potential divider and couple it with a capacitor.

Go Up