Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What is the pin number for Arduino Micro TX1 line?  (Read 567 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The blink example uses a pin number of 13 for the IO13 signal that is connected to the on board green LED.  I learned accidentally that the RX1 pin is 17.  It is connected to the RX LED.

What is the pin number connected to the TX LED ?

Worst state in America
God Member
View Profile

The blink example uses a pin number of 13 for the IO13 signal that is connected to the on board green LED.  I learned accidentally that the RX1 pin is 17.  It is connected to the RX LED.

What is the pin number connected to the TX LED ?

http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-micro-schematic.pdf

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

View Profile

The schematic doesn't answer the question.  If I'm missing something, explain why the RX LED physical pin 8 uses the logical pin number 17.

I assumed it has to do with the logical name of the pins. i.e. IO13 is the green LED is logical pin 13.  That seems straightforward for the green LED but I can't find that sort of logic on the RX and TX LED lines.

Dallas, TX
View Profile

It might be worth giving us the exact board name of your Arduino. For example, on all my Arduinos, the TX/RX LEDs are driven by the USB-to-Serial chip.

Edit: Whoops, didn't check the posted schematic.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:47:38 pm by PapaG » Logged

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

From the schematic, it looks to me that the Tx LED does not correspond to any Arduino pin, but you can control it using direct port access. It is PORTD bit 5.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

View Profile

The direct port access works well for me and thanks.  This turned on the TX LED a.k.a. PD5 on the schematic.

DDRD = B00100000;
PORTD=B00100000;

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: