Go Down

Topic: PCB fabrication sites (Read 8028 times) previous topic - next topic

xl97

according to 'them'.. they hosed it.

the point is NOT that a mistake happened (sh!t happens) :)

its the communication, and the multiple 'reasons'  (everything listed above was not made up.. it was their responses)

anywho..  first time I got colored boards too...

silk screen on the white/red isnt as crisp as the black ones....

but otherwise same decent/good quality I got every time.  :)

Campagne

Hi,

I make my own PCB. Very Easy!!!

- I print my disign on inktjet fotopaper with a laser printer.
- Then iron it to Epoxy PCB material.
- Remove paper in water
- Etch The disign

PCB ready!!!! under 1 hour, costs are minimal.

xl97

not the same...

I have done home PCB etching as well..

this does NOT replace professionally made boards (at not more cost either)...

with vias, 2 layer/double sided...etc..

AlxDroidDev

I make my own PCB. Very Easy!!!
(...)
PCB ready!!!! under 1 hour, costs are minimal.

Most of us, I guess, do that for simple, 1-side boards. However, when it comes to 10+ units, double-sided boards, with very thin traces and unforgiving tolerances, doing it at home isn't an option.

All of my single-side boards are etched at home.

Back on topic: I am still waiting for my order from iTeadStudio. It's been over 40 days since the order was placed and paid, and I got confirmation that it went into production (which means the Gerber files were ok, right?)

For the US$ 18 (9,90 + S&H) I paid to iTeadStudio, for the 10 green, 2-side, 5cmx5cm boards, it will be a very goodprice if I ever get them.
Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

CrossRoads

Send an e-mail wendy@iteadstudio.com, sunny@iteadstudio.com, pcb@iteadstudio.com, include your order #, ask what the delay is.

I don't bother making boards at home.  My designs are generally too complex, too many thru holes and/or vias. Would rather pay a little more for 5 or 10 cards with soldermask, silkscreen, plated thru holes, double sided board with groundplanes.

Or wirewrap up a prototype design where I can make changes if needed, move parts around, etc.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

g_von

I'm trying to find a custom PCB service as well. Do any of these services provide design service? I have a set of basic requirements (with an SMD Arduino chip) that I need designed.

codlink

There are members here that can assist you with a design.  You can post in Gigs and Collaborations for someone to design it for you for a price.

Send me a PM with your requirements and what you want to do and I can see what I can do for you.
//LiNK

CrossRoads

I thought I had answered this as well. For example, here is an SMD board that I offer that will do the basics:

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

g_von

C

I thought I had answered this as well. For example, here is an SMD board that I offer that will do the basics:

These are interesting. So basically with these I'm getting an Arduino nano without the reset button, USB programming interface, and TX, RX, PWR, Pin13LED LED indicators.

How much?

CrossRoads

$2.50 for bare board via mailed to US locations.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/Mini-uino_parts.pdf

Go Up