Go Down

Topic: help please (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

vandermeent

I am after someone who can help design then build a controller for me i am struggling here in New Zealand to find someone who is capable
my thoughts were to use arduino but there may be other alternatives
basically i want to control 2x low voltage dc motors remotely over a 3 km range
one motor is a hobby servo motor which i want to control proportionally  (not sure if a steeper motor may be better)
the other is a 12V 350W motor which draws a max 37A under full load
my thoughts for the remote was to use the gsm network and control the unit with a android or smart phone
any assistance would be much appreciated

HazardsMind

Does it really need to go 3 Km. what is it for, why does it have to go that far?
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

zoomkat

Does it really need to go 3 Km. what is it for, why does it have to go that far?

So how far do you want it to go?  :smiley-roll-blue:
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

vandermeent

yes 3km would be its limit it would prob only do 2-2.5km but thought it should have a bit up its sleeve so to speak.
Its a type of boat roughly 1200mm in length powered by a 350W 12V motor
Works really well just the circuit board in it at the moment is kind of on its way out still functions as it should its just lost all its LED lights which indicates its battery status and the length of time it is set to run.
The crowd that makes these want considerable money to replace the circuit board and its not a very good one
so i would rather spend my money on up grading to something i want.
There's a market for for these over here for this type of controller and im keen to distribute it

vandermeent

So how far do you want it to go?  :smiley-roll-blue:

yes you read right 3km
i was thinking gsm/gprs sheild and send sms signals from my android phone
you will have to bear with me my electronic knowledge is very limited

Go Up