Go Down

Topic: help please (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Lakes

Does it really need to go 3 Km. what is it for, why does it have to go that far?

yes 3km would be its limit it would prob only do 2-2.5km but thought it should have a bit up its sleeve so to speak.
Its a type of boat roughly 1200mm in length powered by a 350W 12V motor
Works really well just the circuit board in it at the moment is kind of on its way out still functions as it should its just lost all its LED lights which indicates its battery status and the length of time it is set to run.
The crowd that makes these want considerable money to replace the circuit board and its not a very good one
so i would rather spend my money on up grading to something i want.
There's a market for for these over here for this type of controller and im keen to distribute it
Do you have a website link?, I`m curious as what purpose this is used for.

vandermeent

no i dont have a web site.
you could email me for more info if you like
I use this small remote boat for fishing
its quite common here in NZ

zoomkat

If the distance is open line of sight then you might use bridged wireless routers with high gain antennas span the distance.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Lakes

no i dont have a web site.
you could email me for more info if you like
I use this small remote boat for fishing
its quite common here in NZ
A remote controlled fishing boat?
Over 2Km away?
There`s no-one actually on the boat, its all remote controlled?
How does the Fishing part happen?

Curiouser and curiouser! :)

holmes4

The only one I can think of is mobile phone (Gsm) type tech.

WiFi, far to short range (about /100 or 1/0000) of the range you need.

XBee's are near to the range you want but still a factor of ten ( I think off).

So yes am be mobile phone tech may do it, but this could depend on the local mobile coverage.

Satellite phone may be the best option.

I'll try to find the link, but there is a web site about and competition to get an automatic/robot boat across the Atlantic. One of the rules is that it must report daily by satellite once a day.

Mark

Go Up