Go Down

Topic: TFT library compatible with Due? (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

Dimdim

I have been using the UTFT library on the older Arduinos but it is not yet compatible with the Due so I am kind of stuck..

Has anyone managed to interface a TFT with the Due?

jake1981

Yes, but you need to get itdb02_32s display and mega shield for it from iteadstudio.com, these sources are compatible with that display and propably only with that display, other than 16bit modes are removed and this library only supports arduino due as I replaced and removed code, instead of just making it compatible with due along others. But here's a library, examples work "as is" with mega pins chosen on utft init..

Oh, one more thing.. You need to apply this patch:
https://github.com/cmaglie/Arduino/commit/74dea07f2c7e977bacf5c61f7e8502609b285dbb

jake1981

Yeah, the library should be cleaned up.. It's a bit messy.. But this is a great starting point for everyone needing a display for due..

Here's one more thing, when using samples (or doing your own) - you need to change bitmap definitions a bit to make it work.. For example, tux.c in UTFT_Rotate_Bitmap example:

Code: [Select]

// Generated by  : ImageConverter 565 v1.0
// Generated from: tux.png
// Time generated: 11.10.2010 22:51:32
// Size          : 2 048 Bytes

//#include <avr/pgmspace.h>

const unsigned int tux[0x400] = {
0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, 0xE73C, 0x9CD3, 0x9CF3, 0xA514,   // 0x0010 (16)

it should start like this..
comment out #include <avr/pgmspace.h>
and change variable definition to:
const unsigned int varname[size] = {

amolinero

Hello.
I adapted the library for Arduino DUE. I also added a method to paint buttons, I added some new parameters to several methods, and have optimized several loops gaining some speed.
I've only tested on a 480x272 screen with SSD1963.
I have not tried the method LCD_Writ_Bus to 8 bits.

I was sent to the developer UTFT, but if you want to have before, you can download from the following link http://www.piensayactua.com/tmp/UTFT.rar

greetings

Dimdim

Wow, this is some very interesting stuff!

I have several TFTs here, I will do some testing and report back.

You guys are great! :)

Go Up