Go Down

Topic: TFT library compatible with Due? (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

liquidice007

I am curious what I would need to modify in the library to get my 8 Bit LCD running properly.

Hi.

I've included code for 8 bit mode.

Replace (doing backup of your current file) the HW_ARM.h file in your library with the one attached with your IDE closed.

I don't have a display to test it, but should work, try it! ;)

Regards,

Joao

Thank you, I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

liquidice007

I am curious what I would need to modify in the library to get my 8 Bit LCD running properly.

Hi.

I've included code for 8 bit mode.

Replace (doing backup of your current file) the HW_ARM.h file in your library with the one attached with your IDE closed.

I don't have a display to test it, but should work, try it! ;)

Regards,

Joao

Ok, replaced the file and modified the demo code with this:

UTFT myGLCD(ITDB28,59,58,57,56);

Where 59-56 are the Due hardware pins corresponding to RST,CS,WR,RS

Unfortunately this did not work and I am still left with only a backlight on my LCD.

alvesjc

Hummm, ok.

I don't understand why then, it should work, I'm using the same pins as in 16bit mode for the high port.

Without one to test, I can't move forward, sorry.

Regards,

Joao

Markus_L811

One more thing.. Henning's utouch library (support for touch screen) works out of the box on due..

So now we have initial support for touchscreens with sd slots for due.

Henning's utouch library works without any changes.

Markus_L811

Dec 19, 2012, 09:03 am Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012, 09:36 am by Markus_L811 Reason: 1

I wired it up according to UTFT's documentation, adapting it to the specific TFT. It was not difficult. I should point out that it is an ITDB32WD compatible display that I got off of ebay, and not an ITead original.

The display works natively with 3.3V logic (I had to use resistors to use it with the older Arduinos) so it is actually easier to interface to the Due than to older Arduinos.

Did someone has an benchmark from the lib between oldone on mega how fast is it?

I try to convert the UFT Clock from Henning Karlsen to work with the Due http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/p_utft_analog_clock.php. But my Calender is blinking the clock is working proper.

Go Up