I'm working on a Teensy-based project that I want to power with a couple of AA batteries, so I'm going to need to use a step-up circuit, and looking for an IC to handle it. Here's what I need to do with it:
- Input of 2 AA batteries, output of 5V DC
- Average load of ~70 mA, peak about 135
- Surface mount, but not too small--the MAX1674 with .5mm pin pitch was just too small for me to hand-solder
- Minimal additional parts count
- Cheap, if possible
- Efficiency would be nice, but this isn't intended for constant use--10-15 minutes at a time at the most, so battery life shouldn't be a big issue
I'm looking at the NCP1402, which seems to meet all these requirements, but is there another choice that would be better?