Go Down

Topic: Web scraping with Ethercard (enc28j60) example (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nov 22, 2012, 08:14 am Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 11:01 am by Roger Clark Reason: 1

In case anyone is interested, I've written a web scraping example using the Ethercard library, (for enc28J60 based modules)

Ethercard has recently been updated to be able to retrieve a whole web pages, in 512byte (packet size) chunks.

I've written written some functions to search for a specific marker string within the web page, which are designed to work across packets to find the target text on a normal web page.

I've posted an example which retrieves my current weather conditions for Melbourne Australia

Full details are on by blog at http://www.rogerclark.net/?p=499

I'm keen to improve the code, so if it doesn't work for specific web pages, please feel free to leave a comment on the blog and I'll take a look at the problem

Roger Clark
Freelance web and iPhone app developer / Producer. Melbourne Australia. www.rogerclark.net
Freelance web and iPhone app developer and Producer. Melbourne Australia

Nice. Do you think it can coexist with some Cosm client application ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131