Go Down

Topic: attiny 85 and the ping sensor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

Why do you need a second processor to manage the ping sensor?

ez8mm

Im not sure that it did ?  It seemed simple tho ... Due to the fact that i needed 3 pwm pins and only had 2 avabile on the attiny85 theres 3 colors tom send values to there negitve aniodes with transistors if i dident have the extra set of pwm pins to play with i would have had solid red green and blue for colors not the smoth mix of them colors so i just deacated one chip to the ping and one to the leds and doing this another way i dont know if i would have come up with a better sulotion ?  Im not vary good with the programing yet im just fidleing with example code at this point so if you think theres another way to acoplish 3pwm pins to red ,green,blue, and run a ping sensor with real time values. Im all ears buddy " ?  :)   the only fact that i may be over looking on how to change the way i set this up would be can you runn the ping on the anlog pin with out. Pwm and then can the tiny 85 be changed so you would would have 3 pwm pjns instead of just 2 . That would be the only way i can think to fit this all on one chip then the program omg i dont know where to begin running thatg much code togeather .
EZ8MMPRO

Coding Badly

Due to the fact that i needed 3 pwm pins and only had 2 avabile on the attiny85

The ATtiny85 has three PWM pins.

fungus

Due to the fact that i needed 3 pwm pins and only had 2 avabile on the attiny85

The ATtiny85 has three PWM pins.

Even if it didn't you could easily do it in software.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

ez8mm

hmm i guess i was miss informed about the 3 pwm pins @ code badly  i was readinhg threw the fourms and found some ones post about the third digatal pin and i read that the pb2 pin anlog pin 1 could dubble as a digatal pin with out pwm but i read threw most of this http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,87517.0.html  and could not find how this is done manged it on my own do you have to do some thing to the chip to make it a pwm pin or just program it to do so like normal ?

@fungus i figuer your limataions are end less with the programing and soft ware side of things but that greek to me at this point im begining to under stand what i can in my free time
EZ8MMPRO

Go Up