Go Down

Topic: Trying to optimize a flash trigger (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

patrickc01

Hi everyone,
I have been working on a basic laser trigger for flash photography.  Where a laser shines on a photodiode, and when the laser beam is broken, it triggers a flash.
The design works, but now I would like to optimize it and am looking for suggestions to increase the speed/ sensitivity, or any general tips for the design.  Below is the a pic of the schematic.  Any feedback would be awesome.

Thanks!

dhenry

It is a miracle that it actually worked.

HazardsMind

Dec 05, 2012, 02:25 am Last Edit: Dec 05, 2012, 02:28 am by HazardsMind Reason: 1
Why does the photoresistor have a wire going straight to ground, and A0? That might need a resistor. Are the X's nodes or not connected points? If so then I will add, Why does the photoresistor have a wire going straight to ground, A0 and VCC, thats a short.

Does it work?
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

patrickc01

Yes, it works fine.  I got the wiring for the photoresistor from a couple of tutorials.  It is wired the same in all of them.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/PhotoResistor
           PhotoR     10K
+5    o---/\/\/--.--/\/\/---o GND
                      |
Pin 0 o-----------

There is a resistor after the photoresistor (immediately to the right of the resistor 10Kohm).
The X nodes are not linkek, I was having a hard time not having wires cross.  This was my first attempt at tinyCAD.

Below are a couple of pictures Ive taken with it.

HazardsMind

Im sure it works correctly but your diagram is still wrong. Look at your diagram again, and look at this again, something is connected to the wrong spot.

PhotoR     10K
+5    o---/\/\/--(right here)--/\/\/---o GND
                      |
Pin 0 o-----------

Your A0 wire is connected to ground instead of being connected between the PR and ground.

Anyway, diagrams aside, How much faster do you want it to get, because it does have limitations based on the arduino's processing speed.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Go Up