Go Down

Topic: Dimmer controller for high frequency fluorescent tubes (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

HazardsMind

Looks like it might work very nicely, in deed. It seems I could easily add an infrared receiver and use a very simple remote for the manual dimming function... that should be so foolproof I don't need any manual overrides for the dimming, just a main on/off switch in the controller box and everything else is controlled using the the IR remote (plus additonally ethernet/wifi connection from my computer).

Yea, that is basically it.
How far away will this be from you or your computer?
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

kortsi

Yea, that is basically it.
How far away will this be from you or your computer?

10-15 meters max. The computer is in the next room but I've got CAT5 cabling done so I can use ethernet.

kortsi

I'll use the infrared whem I'm in the same room and computer from the other room :)

HazardsMind

Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

DVDdoug

Ok so I need an op amp that I could hook up to the same power supply as the Arduino board, get the 0-5 out of the board and amp it up to 0-10.
In case you don't know this, you'll need a slightly more than 10V powering the op-amp.   Then, you just need an op-amp circuit with a gain of 2 (an op-amp and two resistors).

The Arduino doesn't have a true DAC.  It has PWM which can be filtered (with a resistor & capacitor) to get a variable DC voltage.

Go Up