Go Down

Topic: Maximize buzzer loudness (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

I cannot connect the buzzer to a higher voltage

Then you can not put more current through it.
You could generate a higher voltage with an inverter or transformer.

The fact that it sounded less loud through a transistor suggests you did not wire it up right. Emitter to ground, buzzer to collector an +5V?

Mount the sounder on a ridged surface to make it sound louder, the inside of the box would do.

Lord_Corwin

The fact that it sounded less loud through a transistor suggests you did not wire it up right. Emitter to ground, buzzer to collector an +5V?

Mount the sounder on a ridged surface to make it sound louder, the inside of the box would do.

Ok I'll try to fix it better. On the other side I understand that the only possibility is to increase voltage. I'll think about it.
Thanks for your comments!

wizdum

Ok I'll try to fix it better. On the other side I understand that the only possibility is to increase voltage. I'll think about it.
Thanks for your comments!

Something like this: http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/799

Would do the trick I think.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Lord_Corwin

Yes, it would do the trick. Thanks!!!

oric_dan

V = 30 V máx.
f = 3.500 Hz ± 500 Hz;
Z =300 ohm.
Accoustic level = 80 dB with V=12V
C= 24.000 ± 30 % pf.

I don't quite understand these specs, as 24.000 pf [same as 24,000 to US'ers] indicates a
piezo buzzer [I think], whereas I'm not sure how Z=300 ohm factors in, since

Xc = 1/(2*pi*3500*24nF) = 1900 ohms.

Another possibility is going to a magnetic "buzzer" rather than piezo. The ones I have measure
44 ohms "dc resistance", and I'm sure that with an NPN inverter driving them at 5V, they'd
probably chase me out of the room.

Go Up