Go Down

Topic: AS1130 Ongoing Discussion 132 Individually controllable, PWM LED driver (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

Hexadec

Yeah...pretty much the same code as before but for 4 chips and with the first chip as master sync, the other 3 as slaves...I didn't blank the changeover to the next six frames to show how fast it is.

So...frame data is just 6 frames all LEDs on...and 6 sets of PWM data for each animation.  8)

I've written a program which takes 6 frames of an animated gif and converts them to the data required for the 24x22 screen...I separate the frames in photoshop first then feed them to the C++ prog, then copy and paste to the MCU datafile.

I'm interested in what you want to do with this project as well...perhaps we can come up with something together....
Sponge.
I'm allowed to have it 'cos it's not sharp.

funkyguy4000

We will, I just need to fiddle this winter break.  I have so much to do though, so it might be here and there.  I need to reinvent something and then make an entire website and program as well as work at the bakery.

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Hexadec

No pressure...after all this is a hobby.  :smiley-mr-green:

I've got a few things to do myself but will continue with this project. I'd like to find some RGB LEDs that I can solder in a tight, even matrix then run with AS1130s...this chip would be perfect for colour mixing and I have ideas for full motion video if I can bulid a suitable screen.
Sponge.

funkyguy4000

True,

If you get the itch to use SMD RGB 5050 LEDs, I found a vendor in china on eBay who sells them at really cheap (100 for $8).  Those are pretty small so they can go into tight spaces
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Hexadec

It'd be good if you could let me have the details...only problem is that I would have to have a board made for them and hand soldering 528 5050 LEDs does not fill me with joy... :smiley-mr-green: :smiley-mr-green:

Do you have a good manufacturer who would produce the board with the LEDs already soldered? Maybe we could look at that option...
Sponge.

Go Up