Go Down

Topic: AS1130 Ongoing Discussion 132 Individually controllable, PWM LED driver (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

Hexadec

1) So which one should I use? 47k?

I REALLY can't believe you said that.  :smiley-eek-blue: Try reading this thread AND the other thread and look at my code comments.
It's no f*%cking wonder you can't get your project to work.

2) well we talked about it and you said that those vdd are connected internally but not pin18, but I thought because pin18 is also VDD I didn't have to connect it, well then I have to connect it too to VDD...

I REALLY can't believe you said that.  :smiley-eek-blue: Try reading this thread AND the other thread and look at my code comments.
It's no f*%cking wonder you can't get your project to work.

Sponge.
I'm allowed to have it 'cos it's not sharp.

Hexadec

Sponge.

Hexadec

Sponge.

Hexadec

You may also want to put some 1nF decoupling capacitors across pins 1 and 3 for each AS1130 chip as close to the pins as possible, especially if you intend to run the I2C bus at 1MHz.

Personally I would also decouple the MAX4617 supply pins as well...
Sponge.

Hexadec

The 10uF caps only stabilise the power rails...the 1nF caps would stop any HF interferance caused by the switching in other circuits like the AS1130s and the SCL and SDA lines.

You might get away with it if you stay at low speeds on the I2C bus, but the AS1130s clock is 1MHz and if you want a decent refresh rate on your matrix then you need to leave it at 1MHz.
Sponge.

Go Up