Go Down

Topic: AS1130 Ongoing Discussion 132 Individually controllable, PWM LED driver (Read 17051 times) previous topic - next topic

michinyon

It's amazing that there are now chips which will drive more than 100 individual LEDs.

When you get that number up to something like half a million LEDs,  you might be
able to invent something like, um, television.

Hexadec

Hey...you should try to market that idea...it might catch on... :smiley-mr-green:
Sponge.
I'm allowed to have it 'cos it's not sharp.

khoeg

Hi All,

I am working on a project using AS1130 and have problem in making scrolling works. I would like to do scroll of 'digit' accords 5x48 LED using 2 AS1130. (Similar to page 32 of datasheet) . I can already display the 'digit' on the LED matrix, but when I start scrolling, the 'digits' just do not pass the CS11 boundary. Can anyone give me some direction? Thanks in advance.

Follow is the way I am using now:

as_config(0xc0, 0x0B, 0x02);  //IC1 sync out
  as2_config(0xc0, 0x0B, 0x01); //IC2 sync in

as_config(0xc0, 0x01, 0x40);  //movie of frame0
  as_config(0xc0, 0x02, 0x01);  //play 1 frame
  as_config(0xc0, 0x03, 0x31);  //scroll digit in 5LED block
  as_config(0xc0, 0x04, 0x2B);  //CS0 to CS11

//repeat for IC2
  as2_config(0xc0, 0x01, 0x40);
  as2_config(0xc0, 0x02, 0x01);
  as2_config(0xc0, 0x03, 0x31);
  as2_config(0xc0, 0x04, 0x2B);

macegr

Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

Graynomad

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

JoeN

Whoa.  Can you see out that while it is going?  Add a mode when you can power blast.  Be a superhero!  Also, remake with RGB leds, you could be totally freaky.  I love that.  If that was your idea that is a great one.
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Graynomad

It doesn't matter if you can see when you look so cool :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

macegr

I made some long ago using a traditional strobed matrix approach. These use two AS1130 (on the BGA WL-CSP package) and are way more capable.

Easy to see through them.

Writing code for some RGB ones now :) But those aren't relevant to AS1130.
Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

funkyguy4000

Oh wow! Did you make those glasses yourself?
Code, codeeeeee
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

funkyguy4000

For anybody who may be interested, I'm porting the existing code over to Raspberry pi
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Go Up