Go Down

Topic: Adxl345 rf link (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

andyC

A few questions,

First off is this possible a adxl345 wired in i2c to an arduino with a 433mhz transmitter to send the adxl345 values say every second?

Project is for college and I've not really grasped this yet I can read the sensor values in one sketch admittedly using others code and also in other sketch can send messages over rf.

Is it a case of reading the value of adxl345 and instead of serial printing it sending it to the transmitter as a value? Bit thick when it comes to code thanks for any future help :)

AWOL

Which 433MHz module did you have in mind?
What sort of data rates do you hope to achieve?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

andyC

Thanks for a fast reply

I'm using one of the cheap eBay ones, and what sort of data rate would you recommend?

I have found some code that is for a adxl355 which is analog would this be simpler?

Thanks

andyC

It's for a jogger I know there is already stuff out there for this but really need to accomplish this myself

ThAnks

AWOL

What's the point of taking an accelerometer reading once a second for a jogger?
Is this just to make sure they're still moving?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

andyC

More to get a reading of the dynamics of the runners foot,

transfinite

There's a library for the adxl345 included with Jeff Rowberg's I2Cdev library at http://www.i2cdevlib.com

For the 433MHz transmitter, look at the virtualwire library.

Is it a case of reading the value of adxl345 and instead of serial printing it sending it to the transmitter as a value?

That's more or less it.  The devil is in the details, as they say.

-transfinite

andyC

Thanks trans

Il get onto that soon

:)

Go Up