Go Down

Topic: Methods of wireless internet connection in remote locations. 3G or Dongle hack? (Read 743 times) previous topic - next topic

StuHooper

I understand there is a 3G/GPS shield for the arduino now and that is a method of connecting to the internet when on the move. I was just wondering how reliable it is and if anyone can give me feed back on it?
I'm considering a new project involving lights in remote locations controlled by social media. I would not have any wifi signal and I would need a fairly regular refresh rate, so feedback on that is welcome.

I'm not sure if it is possible to use a mobile broadband dongle with an arduino. Has anyone attempted this?

kunalk

hi,
i am kunal working on arduino uno, in that i want to connect arduino to internet, so i thought if i interface mobile to arduino & use mobile internet, so using arduino i can upload sensor data to web site or interface internet usb modem to arduino, how i can do this?

http://www.circuitsathome.com/mcu/interfacing-arduino-to-usb-gprs-modem
www.roboticsinschools.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy