Go Down

Topic: Newhaven NHD-C0220AZ-FSW-FTW (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

raviolidon

Also, If you have any sample code, could you please post? I really appreciate it. Thank you!

liudr

Also, If you have any sample code, could you please post? I really appreciate it. Thank you!

There are several in arduino IDE.

What about soldering? Did you do a good job with soldering?

Papa G

In the IDE, File > Examples > LiquidCrystal

I use a lot of the New Haven Display products and the standard LiquidCrystal library works with most of them. I haven't used the specific one you are trying to apply, however.

I guess it's admirable to try to write your own driver but if it was me I would try the standard library first. If you do decide to try to fix yours, I will suggest that those 10 mS delays you've got everywhere are waayyyy to long, I think you would be better off using delayMicroseconds() and use the values from your data sheet.

raviolidon

OK, I will change it. I had delays like that so I could initially see what was happening. I will take a look at the examples but I am sure that I searched extensively for something on this particular LCD and found nothing. Thank you again, keep posting please if you hear anything. Cheers

dhenry

there is 3.3V

Most of those devices require around 4v on the contrast pin vs. the positive rail - thus they are rated for 5v applications.

In a 3.3v environment, you will need to create a negative voltage (-1v or more) and apply it to the contrast pin (Vdd in your case).

There are many ways to create that. A simple one would be to send a pulse train to a charge pump (two diodes + two caps). For example, you can use the analog write function to do that.

The display looks to be hd44780 compliant so the regular code should work.

Go Up