Go Down

Topic: Troubles programming DUE (Read 221 times) previous topic - next topic

Joaqks

Sep 16, 2016, 09:23 am Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016, 01:27 pm by Joaqks
Hi!

I have a programm in Arduino Mega that works perfectly. Now, I want to use the same code in Arduino DUE, but there are some things that I know I have to change. Specific, there are two of them:

1) I need 6 pwm ouputs at 32 KHz. I have read some libraries for that but all of them only changes the frequency in 4 pins (real pwm outputs). I thing that I have to change the configuration of the Timers, but I don't know how to do that in DUE.

2) I need a periodic routine, so I need to programm a Timer for do something each certain time.

3) I need to use functions like delay() and micros(), so I can't change Timer0.

Thanks to all!

Collin80

The Due has a special timer called SysTick that runs separately from the peripherals that are actually called timers. The delay functions on the Due use SysTick and the on-processor tick counter. I do not believe that Timer0 is used for delay() at all. But, it most likely still used for TimerCounter PWM or something.

Periodic routines are no problem. Get the DueTimer library: https://github.com/ivanseidel/DueTimer/releases

The Due has 8 PWM outputs by default - 4 true PWM and 4 TC PWM. You can look at the Arduino core files, I believe in wiring_analog.cpp to see how they did it.

Joaqks

Thanks for your time.

Using the code in this post (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=367154.0) I think that I can obtain 6 PWM outputs, for example in pins 6, 7, 8, 9, 29 and 34. Each in one channel, and all at 32 KHz.

Using the library DueTimer, I can obtain a interrupt using, for example, Timer1.

Now the question is: Will the delay() and micros() functions work fine?  Until now, I was using Arduino UNO and pro mini, and when I modified the PWM frequency this functions don't work well. I have been reading the Due datasheet and looks like I am not going to have problems, but I am not sure...

Thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy