Go Down

Topic: ubuntu 12.04 ide current tutorial (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

I have experience with the windows version, but I cant find what I need for the ubuntu 12.04 arduino ide complete install.
I have tried several tutorials but it seems like at least 1 download link in each tutorial is broken.

is there 1 good current up to date ubuntu 12.04 arduino ide install tutorial?
what is this that I keep reading about the ide in the ubuntu software center being a old version and or buggy? if it is, why doesn't someone update it/fix it?

I guess what I should be asking is if I should just reinstall windows to use the arduino ide?

thanks all

I use IDE v1.0.1 and v1.0.2 on Ubuntu v11.10 and v12.04, but not the repository version. The menu was a bit hard to read because the color difference between the menu bar and the text was not different enough.

Otherwise it works well. I downloaded the latest version from the Arduino site (not the repository) and unpacked it into a local directory. Then I navigated to that directory and ran the arduino shell script there. That script must stay in that directory, so I made a link to the script and moved it to my desktop.

I've used the IDE on Ubuntu. I used the same method as SurferTim, without problems. I've just moved to Mint though, and haven't reinstalled the IDE yet.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131