Go Down

Topic: Mega 2560 randomly hanging (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

This file, I think:

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino-stk500v2-bootloader/blob/master/goodHexFiles/stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex

Just confirmed it handles the "!!!" problem, it doesn't have a watchdog timer issue, and it doesn't have the problem with the 10-second wait. So, good to go!

Nick Gammon

However, the latest version seems to have some new issues of  its own. Refer this thread:

That thread doesn't actually say he has "the latest version".

pico

Dec 10, 2012, 01:05 pm Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 01:11 pm by pico Reason: 1

That thread doesn't actually say he has "the latest version".

No, but I do have the latest version of the bootloader, and can report the problem occurs for that version interacting with IDE version 1.0.2 under Win XP sp 3.
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

pico

and it doesn't have the problem with the 10-second wait. So, good to go!

Which version of OS and IDE are you using to test the bootloader interaction with?
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Nick Gammon

My test was on 1.0.1 and Mac OS/X.

Go Up