Go Down

Topic: can never get a LCD to work with UNO (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

I am glad I missed this due to some full day teaching arrangement. So who are these well-intended advice givers without any regards what programming is about?

floresta

The problem is the code inasmuch as that quoted was written for the LCD shield designed and sold by the code writer, Oxner of tronixstuff and, while there is nothing wrong with that, is not likely to work with anything else. The shield in question is looks like no other I know of.

There is nothing in the original post that mentions anything specific about the LCD that he is using or the code that he is trying to run it with.  I don't see any mention about whether he is or is not using a shield as the word 'shield' appears nowhere in the post.

Here is a copy of the very first reply - it is still valid ...

"There have been dozens (it seems like hundreds) of posts similar to yours in this forum over the past few years.  It would only take a cursory look at them to see that we cannot help you unless you post the exact code that you used along with a clear photograph of your connections."
... except for the fact that the original poster has vanished.

Don

knuckles

Dec 09, 2012, 09:15 pm Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012, 09:28 pm by knuckles Reason: 1
no he hasnt he is still here .

i keep trying the examples and checking things over and over with the various examples which are mostly the same ,ie the arduino cookbook example on page 365 which ties up roughly with the others such as the UNO library examples .obviously the data pinouts can change and the R/W on grnd ,and reset on 12  and E on 11
i have left the tronix example alone as that seems dated .
5v is taken from the 5v pin on the UNO ,i take it thats ok as shown in the example

the displays are parallel sparkfun LCD with 16 pins and 2x16

and a sparkfun 4x20 parallel display with 16 pins .

the prog i used is on page 366 of the arduino cookbook as thats recent and tried and tested i presume by michael margolis who wrote it

and here http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LiquidCrystal

liudr

knuckles,

You got good spirit but you are simply repeating your mistakes until you get help. Follow the first reply you got from floresta. Best advice I've seen on this thread.

knuckles

the example on page 366

says LiquidCrystal lcd (12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2); and thats what i have been using so far ...and wiring ties up with this setup but dont work ...

Go Up