Go Down

Topic: unknown device (Read 978 times) previous topic - next topic

JohnRM

I just purchased the arduino UNO. I have windows 7. when i go to device manager it show it as an unknown device. Any help?

JohnRM

I have went to the Arduino site on the download tab and selected 'Windows' and it appeared to load. The device manager still says Unknown Device. I right clicked on it. The only options

JohnRM

I have went to the Arduino site on the download tab and selected 'Windows' and it appeared to load. The device manager still says Unknown Device. I right clicked on it. The only options I have are 'Create Shortcut', 'Troubleshoot' and 'Properties'. I selected Troubleshoot and clicked on 'Apply this fix' it says 'Unknown Device does not have a driver. Should the Device Manager still show it as an unknown device?
I have extracted the files.

Louis Davis

Here is the procedure to install the Arduino drivers on Windows:

Right click the Unknown Device in Device Manager
Select Update Driver Software
Select Browse my computer for software
Click Browse button
Select the Drivers folder under the location of your Arduino software installation. (Do not select the FTDI folder inside the Drivers folder)
Click OK
Click Next

JohnRM

Thank you. I have recently went to windows7 and didn't know how to get to Device Manager. Maybe I need to get "Windows for Dummies". I was going to devices and printers and I didn't have an option to select a folder. I have written a couple of short programs to manipulate the onboard LED and everything works fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

Rog2323

I found this that has all the steps for installing drivers for the Arduino Uno (with pictures) - http://startingelectronics.com/software/arduino/installing-arduino-software-windows-7/

:)

Go Up