Go Down

Topic: how to burn the bootloader of an arduino pro mini ? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

The site is about using an Arduino Uno as an ISP to load a bootloader.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Oby_One

I've read it yesterday and once more today after a good nights sleep but still can't figure out something usefull from that site.

Not being able to understand what "resp=0xfe" is I don't know what is my problem and how I can solve it.
As a test I took mini-pro out of the arduino uno and the response was still the same "resp=0xfe" .
Meaning what? that the arduino Uno isn't responding to the IDE/avrdude?

Oby_One

Can someone direct me to a person that has experience with bootloaders on mini-pro ?
Or should I ask my questions elsewhere ?

tim7

Can someone direct me to a person that has experience with bootloaders on mini-pro ?

Oby_One, I use ProMinis a lot and have burnt bootloaders to them many times.  For programming I power the ProMini at 5V, irrespective of whether it's a 3.3V or 5V model.  It doesn't seem to do any damage to the voltage regulator.  If ArduinoISP isn't working for you, I'd suggest trying Nick Gammon's excellent alternative sketch on the page already referenced.  I'm sure you can adapt his instructions to the ProMini pin-out.

Oby_One

Please take a look at this small movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reuZlVGyCEk
Sorry about my english :)

As for nick gammons alternative, I don't get what's different from what I do.

Go Up