Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Improved snippets-r-us.com?  (Read 880 times)
Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

That site has only been up a week and I already got an email:

My name is Robin, and I can design professional looking website for you at $150 only. We also offer dynamic websites, and e-commerce solutions at affordable prices.

What are they getting at? Is my site not professional-looking? Crikey, it's only one page! And that is by design.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

What are they getting at? Is my site not professional-looking? Crikey, it's only one page! And that is by design.

Haha, well one possibility would be that while their first name could well be Robin, their last name could be Bot.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Bot-man and Robin?

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Bot-man and Robin?

Ohhh, what a groaner!  Had I realized I'd set that one up...

Good one, though!   smiley-grin

I also have to wonder about their definition of "professional-looking".  They probably mean some gaudy, busy, impossible to use thing with dozens of ads, crap flashing all over, popups etc. etc.  I much prefer your design.  Things are really getting out of hand these days.  IMHO.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

"Professional-looking" is code for "impossible to use".

I know the sort of site they mean. Full of Flash widgets and little boxes that pop up as you mouse-over them. The page takes a minute or two to load, and fails on 3 out of 5 browsers because they only test it on one.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

I know the sort of site they mean. Full of Flash widgets and little boxes that pop up as you mouse-over them. The page takes a minute or two to load, and fails on 3 out of 5 browsers because they only test it on one.

Exactly!  I hope this means that it's not just me.

Maine
Caution: Explosives in use.
View Profile

Actually, I think minimalism is in again, unless its out again and I didn't get the memo.

And any developer that still uses flash should be shot.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

NSW Australia
Faraday Member
View Profile

And any developer that still uses flash should be shot.

After the hanging, drawing and quartering, that is.  smiley-lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: