Go Down

Topic: Help with basic LCD menu (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

SXRguyinMA

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to create a basic menu (if you can even call it that) for my LCD display with just a single button to change the menus, and up/down buttons for fan speeds (that'll be controlled only when that fan's menu is displayed). Here's how I want it to go:

Welcome screen
(on power-up)
     |
     |
Display 1
(coolant temp/flow rate)
     |
     |
Display 2
(Intake fan speed/voltage)
     |
     |
Display 3
(Exhaust fan 1 speed/voltage)
     |
     |
Display 5
(Exhaust fan 2 speed/voltage)
     |
     |
Back to display 1 and so on

There will also be a button-controlled servo to open and close a door but that will be independent of the menu system and not displayed.

Obviously I need 5 interrupts (flow meter, fan 1, fan 2, fan 3, servo button) and only have 2, which is why I'm going to use a ChipKIT MAX32 which has 5 interrupts and plenty of I/O for controlling fan speeds, etc. so that problem it solved.

I've got each system (except fan speed control) working independently with separate coding and each works fine (temp/flow works fine, fan speed display works fine). I just can't figure out how to merge them all together into a single working unit. I've seen several different menu libraries but they seem way more complex than what I need. I was thinking button state change or something but can't figure out how to get it all working properly.

What's the best way to go about that?

liudr

You just need a user interface to adjust parameters. For simplicity, such as maybe 3 lines per parameter adjustment, you can get the phi-panel:

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/item/serial-lcd-back-pack---phi-panel/

Then the menu will be like

case 'U':
if (speed<max_speed) speed+=speed_increment;
//update serial lcd
break;

case 'D':
if (speed>minspeed) speed-=speed_increment;
//update serial lcd
break;

Khalid

Dec 10, 2012, 03:56 pm Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 03:58 pm by Khalid Reason: 1
Look this thread and especially the end of pages  and you will find no menu easier than it.This is called MENWIZ by brunialti... Its brilliant, easy and cover almost all the things in a very easy way. Dont forget to read the pdf guide.:)
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,99693.0.html

liudr

Look this thread and especially the end of pages  and you will find no menu easier than it.This is called MENWIZ by brunialti... Its brilliant, easy and cover almost all the things in a very easy way. Dont forget to read the pdf guide.:)
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,99693.0.html

Yes it is good but what you view as easy maybe hard to those beginners. If you have found my phi-panels, you will take back the "find no menu easier than it" statement.

Khalid

liudr,
I downloaded your phi library but it was difficult to understand, its not your fault, but i have less brain power.. I really like the videos you posted about your library but its difficult to find simple examples using Analoge button and 3wire lcds...
Is their any, pls point out.

Go Up