Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Multiple L3G4200D sensors  (Read 330 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Has anyone hooked more than one L3G4200D sensor to an Arduino at the same time?

I'm looking for a way to measure ride height of an air suspension vehicle, I don’t want to use Potentiometers or any other mechanical device as mud, long grass, rocks and gravel can damage or readjust them.

In my mind 8 sensors are needed, one on the body near the top of each air spring and another near the bottom of each air spring, this would allow the height of each air spring to be calculated (Z axis upper - Z axis lower per corner giving 4 independent results), when the required ride height is input into the Arduino the ride height of each air spring can be adjusted via the air solenoid block.

An additional programming feature could be a button push to level the complete vehicle when parked giving a level sleeping environment in the roof top tent.

Glenn

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

A maximum of two L3G4200D devices can co-exist on a single I2C bus as otherwise there will be addressing conflicts.

In your application however this device serves no practical purpose (this is a gyro that measures rate-of-turn). For leveling, you will need an accelerometer.

View Profile

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into accelerometers, the MPU-6050 Module 3 Axis Gyroscope Accelerometer looks popular with Google search.

Glenn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: