Go Down

Topic: 16 Channel 12v Relay Module and Arduino (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

Can someone help me with this relay module? I though it took a 12v power supply to the screw terminals but what I don't get is it has 5v and ground on either end of the 16 low level input pins. Obviously the arduino pins need to be connected to 1 - 16 but does it need ground and 5v power as well? Should the arduino be sinking or sourcing power?

johnwasser

At a minimum it will need Ground.

The 5V pins may be there to supply 5V to the Arduino.  Does the relay board have a 5V regulator?  You'll probably have to find the schematic diagram of the relay board to determine that.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

The 5v there is an input, not an output. It needs the 5v to control the low level logic circuits on the relay board otherwise the arduino would send it commands, but none of the relays would trigger.

johnwasser

The 5v there is an input, not an output. It needs the 5v to control the low level logic circuits on the relay board otherwise the arduino would send it commands, but none of the relays would trigger.

I see now.  The 5V supply is needed for the opto-isolators.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up