Go Down

Topic: how to turn arduino into a controller for pc? (Read 154 times) previous topic - next topic

picatel

Hi everyone. I got a game named crypt of th necrodancer on steam (its something like a dance game mixed with rpg) and i want to make a dance dance revolution like controller with my arduino uno is there a way to turn my arduino into a pc controller with 8 buttons?
i know nothing about arduino... but i know some basic programing.

123Splat

Yes, it is possible with a USB shield, and knowledge of the protocol and commands.

picatel

I managed to find something on this page but it gets me errors when using eclipse

http://www.instructables.com/id/Using-an-Arduino-Uno-R3-as-a-Game-Controller/?ALLSTEPS

mart256

Chagrin

The two simple ways are:

1) Emulate a PS/2 keyboard. If Dance dance whatever works with a keyboard then you need no special program on the computer side to read the Arduino input.

2) Emulate a USB keyboard. Same as above.

picatel

The two simple ways are:

1) Emulate a PS/2 keyboard. If Dance dance whatever works with a keyboard then you need no special program on the computer side to read the Arduino input.

2) Emulate a USB keyboard. Same as above.
but those work with leonardo... i have just a uno r3

picatel

is there a way to use a aplication(like a java code or something) to read the text from the serial monitor and then register it as a keyboard imput?
I think it would be perfect but i dont quite understand arduino so far...

BillHo

Chagrin

but those work with leonardo... i have just a uno r3
That's not correct. And if that's the level of attention you're going to give to answers posted to your questions then you should not bother posting questions at all.

picatel

That's not correct. And if that's the level of attention you're going to give to answers posted to your questions then you should not bother posting questions at all.

Sorry... i was reading some other pages about this and my mind was in another way... i saw my stupidness after i saw what i wrote there

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy