Go Down

Topic: Controlling a stand alone LED remotely (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Erika86

Hi,
I'm trying to making a small installation and I would need a LED inside a glass (without any wire) that turns on when I raise the glass.
Is there any way to control this kind of behaviour?
Thanks

fungus

I'm trying to making a small installation and I would need a LED inside a glass (without any wire) that turns on when I raise the glass.

Sure, all you need is a pressure switch on the bottom of the glass.

There's going to be a more electronics inside the glass than just an LED though. Batteries, wires, a transistor or two...

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

dhenry

One way would be to use an inductor + the led's capacitance to form an l/c tank. If you energy the whole thing with the right frequency, the led will light up. The same principle behind those little led phone-is-ringing indicators.

fungus

One way would be to use an inductor + the led's capacitance to form an l/c tank. If you energy the whole thing with the right frequency, the led will light up. The same principle behind those little led phone-is-ringing indicators.

That's a good idea. That way you could have the most of the electronics out of sight up your sleeve.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

fungus

Another way would be to use something similar to Juan Mayoral's "Meteors" trick, as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85H0-k77bS0

mrboni

fungus

What's the tech in that trick?

I'm bound by the magician's code...

Erni

A tilt switch + resistor+LED+coincell(s)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy