Go Down

Topic: ARDUINO UNO (not clone) with CH340 USB (Read 150 times) previous topic - next topic

TomGeorge

Jan 06, 2016, 10:00 am Last Edit: Jan 06, 2016, 10:03 am by TomGeorge
Hi,
I have recently purchased a number of Arduino UNO, genuine products.
The last two I purchased today.
When I when to program them, I found my Windows 7, 64bit computer trying to load drivers.
I looked in system and found the new COM port 46 would  you believe but it had not loaded any drivers, its seems the UNO's have CH340 USB  chips on board.
The seller I get them from is a well reputed establishment, the boxes were the same as the regular UNO's I have bought.
The OS did find drivers and everything is working, I didn't think the genuine UNO used CH340 chips.
Can  someone enlighten me please.
The picture below are of the green genuine and the blue newer unit.
Sorry for the quality of the blue, but we had a quick job to do and at that point I was more concerned with getting the project out to work.
Remember they both came in the same box, genuine ARDUINO.

Tom.... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

PaulS

The seller I get them from is a well reputed establishment, the boxes were the same as the regular UNO's I have bought.
I think that sticker on your board explains things well enough. The Arduino.org people are NOT the Arduino.cc people who own the rights to the Made in Italy logo and the board design.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Can someone in plain english, explain the whole Arduino situation, arduino.cc and arduino.org and all the other name changes.
How does it become ARDUINO in the USA, and Genuino elsewere, when its supposed to be open, or does open mean closed these days.
The design/concept is for example  ARDUINO UNO, no matter where its made, so why confuse everybody by giving the SAME product different names.
Or did someone see the holy dollar and spoil it for everybody else.

The UNO has got me 3 urgent work projects completed over a busy Christmas.
Hydraulic Fan Controller(24 hours from design to shipping to customer, prototype.)

Seatbelt switch tester.( programming/debug 2hours, construction 2 units 3 hours.)

Rotary torque sensor using two magnet rotary encoders and SSI, (25bit) 
(forced to make torque sensor because  of 6 week delay on commercial CanOpen unit) to communicate with PLC that has no SSI port or support. Now we do.

Tom.... :)
PS Arduino, a great product, why stuff it up?

PaulS

Or did someone see the holy dollar and spoil it for everybody else.
I think you've hit the nail on the head.

There was a split in the Arduino team, resulting in the creation of the Arduino.org site. The response to that, since the Arduino.cc people own the US copyright for the design, was to keep the Arduino name in the US and use Genuino elsewhere.

The people who own Arduino.org are obviously marching to the beat of a different drummer. I think Donald Trump is the drummer they are marching to the beat of.

dannable

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the lower one is by either company. I can't see it on either web site, nor does it say Arduino / Genuino. There are some of that design on eBay though, under the name of DCCduino. Note that the '328 has a crystal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ATmega328P-CH340G-UNO-R3-Board-USB-Cable-7-Gilded-Pin-for-Arduino-DIY-GT-/201276239797 for instance.
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

TomGeorge

Jan 06, 2016, 01:45 pm Last Edit: Jan 06, 2016, 01:47 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
Note that the '328 has a crystal.
Yes the ebay one is the same as my blue UNO, but mine has UNO printed on it, even the orange reset buttons match.

NEW ATmega328P CH340G UNO R3 Board & USB Cable +7

Description:
Main Changes from the older version:
Add two rows of the holes for the pins. So it can be connected with normal Dubond line.
Add 3 rows of the holes for wiring.
Change the in-line package of ATMEGA328P to flat package.
CH340G Replace ATmega16U2
Plug UNO development board, the driver will be automatically installed.
select the board UNO inside the die.
Select the COM port, this can be in my computer queries, just inside your uno port development board
You'd better to choose arduino own routine procedures, burn into the board

hmm... Tom.... :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy