Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PROBLEM TO UPLOAD ARDUINO mega 256  (Read 576 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Helo again.
I have VISTA 32. With arduino erw 1.0.2 i try upload a sketch on board ( arduino mega 2560 ) with usb.      I failed !!!!!!!.
 I  took  the hex and i upload it on board with a programmer  ( stk 500 )  on chip mega 2560  with isp.       It is ok!!!!!!!!.
I can see the arduino board on com 14  with usb. But i cant  do upload .
  Please some one help  me !!!!!!!

God Member
View Profile

Read this thread starting from this post:

arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.274.html

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Miramar Beach, Florida
Faraday Member
View Profile

Please some one help  me !!!!!!!
If you have any of those like that in your code (group of three !!!), that has been known to stop a code upload.

God Member
View Profile

If you have any of those like that in your code (group of three !!!), that has been known to stop a code upload.

That issue is supposed to have been addressed in latest version of the mega2560 bootloader.

The problem he is having is that the version of avrdude he using (5.10) doesn't understand what the "wiring" protocol is.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Miramar Beach, Florida
Faraday Member
View Profile

That issue is supposed to have been addressed in latest version of the mega2560 bootloader.

The problem he is having is that the version of avrdude he using (5.10) doesn't understand what the "wiring" protocol is.
I wonder why mine works? I'm using  a Mega with v1.0.2.

Test the bootloader.
Code:
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("It works!!!");
}

void loop() {
}
Can you upload that code?

Wahiawa, Hawaii
God Member
View Profile

I  took  the hex and i upload it on board with a programmer  ( stk 500 )  on chip mega 2560  with isp.       It is ok!!!!!!!!.

When you upload a sketch via isp then it will overwrite the bootloader.  You probably have no bootloader on the mega 2560.  You will need to put back the bootloader.

View Profile

Thanks all of you.
I replace the bootloader on  secont chip 2560 via isp. Now it is ok.  There was:
  ( C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\hardware\arduino\bootloaders\stk500v2  )

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: