Go Down

Topic: SRF02 ultra sonic, no feedback (Read 346 times) previous topic - next topic

Aphra

Hi there,

Can anyone help me? I have got an arduino uno and an srf02 ultra sonic range finder see link: http://robotics.org.za/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=319

I have been following the instructions on the arduino wire library see link here: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SFRRangerReader

I have wired my sensor exactly how it says and when I connect my arduino to power the red light flashes on the sensor so I know it is getting power. But when I upload the code  the sensor does not feed back numbers into my serial monitor. I can't seem to decipher the code, can anyone help, is there something which i have to add in in order to make it feed back?

I am sitting with everything in front of me so if anyone is to hand this evening I would be very grateful!

AWOL

Have you got external pull ups on the I2C lines?
I can't see them on the tutorial diagram.
A couple of 4k7 should do the trick.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Aphra

I'm sorry but an a bit of a novice so do not know what the i2c lines are! Or what an external pull up is or a 4k7!!

Do you think you might be able to fully explain?!

Sorry about this,

AWOL

I2C is the two wire interface to the sonar sensor.
You need to a resistor between each signal line to +5v, and the resistor value should be between about 3900 and 4700 ohms.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy