Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: HELP! 8x8 matrix ALARM CLOCK  (Read 1123 times)
Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Take away the "While" and change it to "if" and see if that works.

Created Libraries:
NPV2 (NewPasswordV2),  TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo.
Will provide libraries if asked in PM or forum.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Help me here, when a button is pressed, is it HIGH or LOW? It depends on how you hook up the buttons. You never said it. Assume it is LOW, then your code runs when button1 is not pressed, to display hour. I think it will work. Just add the print minute part for completeness. The delay (500) will make your buttons not so responsive but let's worry about getting the program working first.

BTW, if alarm is triggered, do you need to do anything?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I'm not sure. My prof gave me some half a** 10 sec. explanation of how I should do it. How would you guys do this?
You don't suppose that had anything to do with you only half-assed listening, do you?

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

I was helping until he disappeared maybe time runs out. I wonder where the OP has been a few days before the last day of project.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I wonder where the OP has been a few days before the last day of project.
Probably not working on it. Why should he? We will.

At least, I will until I see crap like that badmouthing the instructor. Then, the poster is on his/her own.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Ironically if he did post this thread a few days ago and we will have been working on it with him. I usually ignore badmouthing since the instructor will never have a chance to speak. If we grill the OP over this it will just go nowhere. Isn't every student blaming their teachers for not giving them good grades/guidance already behind their backs or right in their faces? What's not so funny is some of these badmouthers claim they paid so they deserve good grades. I don't care about private schools but isn't every public school subsidizing sometimes 50% tuition with state tax? I felt angry when a student has wasted my tax dollars with an F.

View Profile

Ironically if he did post this thread a few days ago and we will have been working on it with him. I usually ignore badmouthing since the instructor will never have a chance to speak. If we grill the OP over this it will just go nowhere. Isn't every student blaming their teachers for not giving them good grades/guidance already behind their backs or right in their faces? What's not so funny is some of these badmouthers claim they paid so they deserve good grades. I don't care about private schools but isn't every public school subsidizing sometimes 50% tuition with state tax? I felt angry when a student has wasted my tax dollars with an F.

Im not badmouthin anyone. relax man. I'm not that guy that thinks he should get an a cause i'm paying 20k a semester for a masters. I never said I can't figure this out but still deserve an A.  He is a cool prof and knows his stuff in and out but He missed six weeks of class and and had a sub for one of 12 classes and never attempted to make up any. It's cool I understand where you guys are coming from. I appreciate the help. really.  I do wish I would have posted this a week ago instead of waiting to hear back from my prof's input first. but he took 4 days to reply and when he did all he said that "you are so wrong I can't even begin to help". not cool in my book. and when I got that response I turned to you guys and got some great feedback.  I am still having problems and It was due today but I will finish the project and post some updates.

Thanks again.

-a
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:50:54 pm by drisa632 » Logged

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

OP, I am not saying you are the ones claiming schools owe you A grade. I said some of them are that type of student.

you are so wrong I can't even begin to help

I kind of said that to my monitor 3 times after I read your code, then some more when trying to help you with the pinMode thing. I just didn't say it aloud like your prof did. I respect his/her frankness. Maybe I didn't say it because I didn't know you in person and didn't set up an expectation for you. Apart from the fact, I still tried to help you though. You left the thread so there is nothing else for me to go on. If you still want to get this code done, read my reply starting with "Help me here".

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: