Go Down

Topic: Broad home automation via email question (Read 376 times) previous topic - next topic

mike_d214

I would like to run a simple home automation deal through my arduino. I've looked at gobetwino, with little luck in finding a free email provider supported. Is there another way that I could get the arduino to communicate via email?

Set up a linux server at home, install exim (or whatever) and use dyndns for dns resolution. It wouldn't take that long to setup and if you use any of the *buntu's you'll get some good tutorials.

Humm, why not post it to a private twitter acct or something? Be quite a bit easier I think.

scottyob

could use an Ethernet module to get your Arduino on check e-mails for you (using POP or IMAP or something)... HARD

or you could hook it up via serial to your computer and write a python script (or similar) to use IMAP-PUSH or poll an e-mail provider to check for commands, that should be pretty easy :) (then you'd just need to send them to your Arduino via serial)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy