Go Down

Topic: control 45 3w RGB leds (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

manukit

Hello everyone, i want to ask for your support and ideas.
By no means i am an expert in electronics, but i have a projet in mind an i would like to ask for your advice, please, i am looking the simplest way to solve it, and then see how should i continue.

The question:
i want to drive 45 rgb leds with an arduino, í´ve read about multiplexing, PWM , and that might be the solution, but it is late, i´m tired and i am looking some help from you guys-

The thing is as follows.

-i have a touch screen with different colors on it, maybe 2000, but the similar tones can be considered as one, reducing the usable colors at probably 200
-In the initial state, let´s say we are in the "red" color
-if a user touches the "blue" color on the screen, the fading time from "red" to "blue" is ten minutes.
-if another user touches the "orange" on the screen, the fading time from "blue" to "orange" is ten minutes again, an so on...

What components should i use to do this? it is just a project that i would like to know how it is done. Any advice will be great, explaining with simple words and maybe an example or a link.

Thank You!

Boffin1

If all your LEDs will be the same colour, all you need is 3 Mosfets ( one for each RGB ) that can handle the current.

then drive the gates of the Mosfets with PWM output from 3 of the PWM enabled pins of the Arduino.

The program will be easy to write once you have gone through the introductory examples and played a bit.

I am assuming you know how to detect what colour you are touching on the screen.

If not you could have 3 filtered photodetectors connected to 3 analog inputs of the Arduino?

rickso234

> ...all you need is 3 Mosfets ( one for each RGB ) that can handle the current.

Make sure the MOSFETs are "logic level" (Vgs ~ 2V) meaning the Arduino can fully turn them on, otherwise you'll need drivers for the MOSFET gates or your MOSFETs will run hot.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy