Go Down

Topic: Arduino User Locations/hackspaces/groups/meetups (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

CowJam

I've just added myself and sorted the order in the list into people then groups, each in alphabetical order.

/anal

mowcius

Looking good...

Also bumping up. Lets get more people added to this map!

Andrew

When editing your info bubble if you put it into HTML mode you can make links clickable. I've done it for a few random people but then got bored...

Andrew

CowJam

I'd presumed it was automatic Andrew.  Then I just stuck the HTML in without switching to HTML view. Fixed my entry now though :)

mowcius

When editing your info bubble if you put it into HTML mode you can make links clickable. I've done it for a few random people but then got bored...

Yeah I worked that out after a bit. Not a massive deal though  ;)

mowcius

There are lots of people who are not on this map yet  ;)

Please add yourself  :)

raron

Jul 27, 2010, 12:46 pm Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 12:47 pm by raron Reason: 1
While I am undecided whether or not to add me to the map, I have one stupid question: How? (Seems I'm the only one not finding that out? :P)
I can not find any "add marker" or such? The only thing resembling, is the link "new" at the upper right, by the "My profile" link if logged in to a google account. But that only brings up a preferences window.
And while I'm at it, how do you add yourself to a generic area? You just put a marker in the middle of a forest or something? :D

Btw, while going back and forth between the map and writing this, I noticed one can drag the little guy above the zoom-in plus sign, but how do you get him stuck on the map? All that happens, is that some image for an area pops up, and I'm still pretty clueless..

mowcius

While I am undecided whether or not to add me to the map, I have one stupid question: How? (Seems I'm the only one not finding that out? Tongue)
I can not find any "add marker" or such? The only thing resembling, is the link "new" at the upper right, by the "My profile" link if logged in to a google account. But that only brings up a preferences window.
And while I'm at it, how do you add yourself to a generic area? You just put a marker in the middle of a forest or something? Cheesy

Btw, while going back and forth between the map and writing this, I noticed one can drag the little guy above the zoom-in plus sign, but how do you get him stuck on the map? All that happens, is that some image for an area pops up, and I'm still pretty clueless..

Right, you have to add the map to your maps then you can edit it. When you are editing it you can then add a blue balloon icon from the top left and once you have dropped it in your general position you can click on the balloon (in the top right of the box) and change it to a man.

The map by the zoom is a completely different man for google street view.

You've nothing to lose by adding yourself to the map. I just added myself near to where I live not on my house. The idea is so that we know where there are people close to us who use arduino.

Mowcius

mowcius

*bump*

More members on here than there are on the map...

Mowcius

liudr

Aug 08, 2010, 07:31 am Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010, 07:36 am by liuzengqiang Reason: 1
Just added myself but the reprap map is blocking the arduino map. Do I have to delete one of them to see the other exclusively? Ah, got it. There's a list of checkbox on the bottom.

BTW, hey neighbo(u)rs!

mowcius

That was random  :P

Yeah you can turn maps on and off with the ticky boxes at the bottom of the collumn on the left hand side.

Mowcius

Funky Diver

Aug 08, 2010, 01:18 pm Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010, 01:18 pm by Funky_Diver Reason: 1
Realised how to add... not far from you mowcius! :D

mowcius

Realised how to add... not far from you mowcius!

Yeah  :)

mowcius

Is that you with the 'placemark 30' and 'placemark 32'?

Which one is it?
Are you going to add some details?
You also want to change the icon to a man :)

Funky Diver

Yeah it was... I deleted them though, I think?  Unless you were viewing them asd I was messing about???

I'm a bit of a donk when it comes to Google Maps though, it's obviously far less complicated than I'm managing to make it, lol :-?

Go Up