Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Having fun with a WiiCamera sensor and my robots :)  (Read 1005 times)
Belgium
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to share this because I think it's pretty cool. Some time ago I found a small shop that was selling a WiiCamera sensor. It's a sensor that comes out of a Wiimote. The sensor detects up to 4 IR light sources, for every IR light source it gives a X and Y position and the size of the light source. The sensor uses the I2C bus to communicate with a mcu and someone has written an Arduino library for it: http://www.stephenhobley.com/blog/2009/03/01/pixartwiimote-sensor-library-for-arduino/

I mounted the sensor on a pan/tilt bracket and wrote some code so the sensor would track an IR led. This is the result:

I then mounted the sensor on a small robot. And I put an IR led on the back of my big robot (Dagu Rover 5). The little one now follows the big robot (which is remote controlled) smiley

You can find the code I used on my website: www.bajdi.com

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

That's cool. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile

Where did you got the WiiCamera sensor?

And how hard was it to "tame" it? -- that is write up the first working sketch of it.

Thanks,

Belgium
View Profile

I bought them @ http://rocketbrandstudios.com/ not cheap but worth the money smiley
The sensor is very easy to work with, just install the library and load the example sketch. The sensor gives very consistent readings so it's easy to write a program for it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:50:58 pm by Bajdi » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: