Go Down

Topic: Best Android library for sending data to Arduino via Bluetooth? (Read 98 times) previous topic - next topic

I would like to be able to send data from an Android device to an Arduino using a JY MCU HC-06 (or similar) Bluetooth adapter.

I've been doing a lot of reading online and have found dozens of libaries and raw code that is supposed to enable this functionality, but none of them seem to be very well documented or widely used.

I have never made an Android app before and am learning how to do so now. All I want to do is continuously send data to the Arduino.

Can anyone recommend a good Android library for sending data to an Arduino via Bluetooth?

Nick_Pyner

continuously send data to the Arduino.

Can anyone recommend a good Android library for sending data to an Arduino via Bluetooth?
I don't think there are any. The usual practice is to send data from Arduino to Android, and there is plenty of information on that. If you want to swim against the tide, you need to try an android forum.

As far as Arduino is concerned, it is then just a matter of reading serial data.

EDIT

I have just realised this might be a matter of nomenclature, and you mean commands more than data. About the biggest thread on this entire forum is Arduino Bluetooth Joystick. Go look....

DallasMatSci

I already posted this in another thread, but I just made a library for io over Bluetooth in an android app.  It's limited but it might do what you want.  It's at avrthing.com/toothfairy.

I put up an instructible too. http://instructables.com/id/Arduino-from-Android-over-Bluetooth/

Let me know if it's useful or if there is some simple functionality that you think would be useful.

DallasMatSci

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy