Go Down

Topic: BLUETOOTH + IPHONE + ARDUINO (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

Arrch

For those experienced in this realm, is there a specific BT module for arduino that would work with any if not all of these profiles (SPP, RFCOMM, L2DAP or HID)?

I've had a good amount of success with cheap $10 dongles from DealExtreme and eBay (SPP Protocol). Although my communications were done through an Android, everything seemed to work OK on the Arduino's end.

NI$HANT

I have programmed a lot for Android and I have successfully connected it with ARM's, AVR's the bluetooth connection and done whatever I just imagined! but I do not programme for iOS basically I hate it but may be I may start in sometime for iOS too! if I see money rolling in  $)
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

The_SilverOne

Ok, forget the iPhone momentarily. Is there a way to make an arduino scan for bt devices and run a command once a certain bluetooth device (call it devx) is detected within range without actually connecting to devx?

JD3

That little black caterpillar you just stepped on will set you back a few bucks....

James C4S

For those experienced in this realm, is there a specific BT module for arduino that would work with any if not all of these profiles (SPP, RFCOMM, L2DAP or HID)?

The BlueGiga modules sold as SPP modules by SeeedStudio and Others can be reflashed to be any bluetooth profile.  They can also be flashed with the Apple iAp profile if you have the 3-way NDA in place (you, Apple, BlueGiga).

Is there a way to make an arduino scan for bt devices

The Arduino can't, but the Bluetooth radio probably can.  If you look at the command set for the BlueGiga (or whatever radio you chose) you might be able to do the scanning.  In the case of BlueGiga, it is attached to the UART of the ATmega328 chip, so it can either send data or communicate with the radio (like the old-school ATA commands with modems.)
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up