Go Down

Topic: Interesting Bluetooth problem (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

Dec 17, 2012, 09:56 pm Last Edit: Dec 17, 2012, 10:20 pm by JasonXtreme Reason: 1
Good day to you all!

I have encountered the most peculiar problem with my arduino mega (2586). I have recently bought a bluetooth module, connected it to my arduino and wrote a piece of code to accept input and control a motor hooked to the arduino. Now, my USB port for the arduino is COM3, the bluetooth port is COM40. The module connects on prompt to  Serial2, recognises communication via COM40, I can interface with it via a VB.net program on COM40 - as long as the USB cable is connected. As soon as the cable is disconnected the whole thing stops working. Plug back the usb (without a reset!) and it works again. The whole time the module remains connected. As I don't have much electrical components I cannot pinpoint the exact issue (not sure if the bluetooth connection stops working or if it's something else). I am stumped. Completely and utterly stumped. Any ideas?

Update: I figure it still receives data, the light keeps flashing until data is sent. Why won't it change the pin I/O then?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy