Go Down

Topic: Arduino IDE and Atom editor interacting badly (Read 164 times) previous topic - next topic

steronydh

Hi all,

I've started using the Atom editor recently and have found that when it is open and partially covering the Arduino IDE, when the IDE is brought to the front, then it doesn't redraw properly. If both are full-screen, then it is OK, but if their positions overlap diagonally, then the IDE doesn't refresh properly (see attachment).

I don't know which of the two pieces of software is the cause of this - any ideas?

Robin2

What PC operating system are you using?

I use Geany without any problems

...R

steronydh

Apr 30, 2015, 10:35 am Last Edit: Apr 30, 2015, 10:45 am by steronydh
It's on Windows 7 64-bit.

I've used other editors like Notepad++ and Sublime Text without seeing this problem.

steronydh

May 01, 2015, 09:57 am Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:03 am by steronydh
Just tried the new MS Visual Studio Code editor, which is based on the same underlying code as Atom, and it suffers from similar problems, so it looks like something in the Atom editor isn't playing nicely with the Arduino IDE.  ::)

Back to Sublime Text then...

Edit: I don't get this effect on another PC so maybe it's just me!  :(

Robin2

Edit: I don't get this effect on another PC so maybe it's just me!  :(
What are the differences between the two PCs ?

...R

steronydh

Problem (probably) solved: Atom doesn't work properly with MS Desktops multiple desktop software. :(

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy