Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 20 Mhz analog read  (Read 1450 times)
Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

You can use foil detectors - two layers of foil stretched across a few mm apart, bullet shorts them together at the point
it touches the second layer.  If its a metal projectile (which as 1200m/s it is likely to be).

A friend of mine a long time back used to do physics experiments with a hydrogen gas gun, I think they just
used the high speed cameras to get the velocity data, but I believe it was good for firing a tiny water drop at 5000m/s
(which could then cut into a diamond surface!).  Hydrogen gas gun fires soft metal pellet into a tny hardened metal
funnel with drop of water in it - water accelerated to many times the pellet speed.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Edison Member
View Profile

I just tested a quick piece and I could measure down to 15us accurately. That translates to about 18mm at 1200/s, not much longer than most bullets I think.

So it sure works.

Edison Member
View Profile

I can now generate two discrete pulses 10us apart and the code continues to work.

View Profile

I just tested a quick piece and I could measure down to 15us accurately. That translates to about 18mm at 1200/s, not much longer than most bullets I think.

So it sure works.

That's great! My planned measure distance is about 50 mm.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: