Go Down

Topic: 20 Mhz analog read (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

You can use foil detectors - two layers of foil stretched across a few mm apart, bullet shorts them together at the point
it touches the second layer.  If its a metal projectile (which as 1200m/s it is likely to be).

A friend of mine a long time back used to do physics experiments with a hydrogen gas gun, I think they just
used the high speed cameras to get the velocity data, but I believe it was good for firing a tiny water drop at 5000m/s
(which could then cut into a diamond surface!).  Hydrogen gas gun fires soft metal pellet into a tny hardened metal
funnel with drop of water in it - water accelerated to many times the pellet speed.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

dhenry

I just tested a quick piece and I could measure down to 15us accurately. That translates to about 18mm at 1200/s, not much longer than most bullets I think.

So it sure works.

dhenry

I can now generate two discrete pulses 10us apart and the code continues to work.

I just tested a quick piece and I could measure down to 15us accurately. That translates to about 18mm at 1200/s, not much longer than most bullets I think.

So it sure works.

That's great! My planned measure distance is about 50 mm.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy