Go Down

Topic: PAID JOB for PROGRAMMER (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

I have been asking for help for the past 3 days, I don't know where all those helpful people are but the certainly NOT in this Arduino forum.
They're all around you.
However, you'll have found how difficult it is to debug something when it is sitting on a bench in front of you.
Now imagine the hassle factor if you've got to rely on untrained eyes to do the debugging for you,
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

PMKimpton

Yes, I understand your point mate.

However, this isn't rocket science, my button works once, it just doesn't switch back. How hard can this be for someone who knows code? I've managed to get this far, I've already swam the channel, I just need some help onto the beach.

I'm sure I've just got a command in the wrong order.

I appreciate your your advice but it's still all going on eBay and I'm never coming back to Arduino projects  =(

I think my son and I will take up fishing instead...

retrolefty

Yes, I understand your point mate.

However, this isn't rocket science, my button works once, it just doesn't switch back. How hard can this be for someone who knows code? I've managed to get this far, I've already swam the channel, I just need some help onto the beach.

Well that could be as simple as how you wired your switch up incorrectly (and a very common problem for beginners to electronics) and you may be suffering from the dreaded 'floating input pin' condition. Tell us exactly how you have your switch wired up?

I'm sure I've just got a command in the wrong order.

I appreciate your your advice but it's still all going on eBay and I'm never coming back to Arduino projects  =(

I hope your Arduino finds a happy home.
Lefty

I think my son and I will take up fishing instead...

PMKimpton

Thanks Lefty,

I'm confident my button is correct. It's connected to pin 6 and being pulled down via a 10k resistor. When pressed a 5v high signal is passed to pin 6. I have even tested it using the serial monitor.

I believe my issue to be in the loop of my code. I have a command which states if LOW run PONG, else run PATTERN. I think I need to extend it to say; RUN PONG if LOW, RUN PATTERN if HIGH but all my experiments have failed.

Currently, the code runs and displays PONG. When I press the button it switches to PATTERN. Pressing the button again doesnt do anything.

retrolefty

Thanks Lefty,

I'm confident my button is correct. It's connected to pin 6 and being pulled down via a 10k resistor. When pressed a 5v high signal is passed to pin 6. I have even tested it using the serial monitor.

I believe my issue to be in the loop of my code. I have a command which states if LOW run PONG, else run PATTERN. I think I need to extend it to say; RUN PONG if LOW, RUN PATTERN if HIGH but all my experiments have failed.

Currently, the code runs and displays PONG. When I press the button it switches to PATTERN. Pressing the button again doesnt do anything.

Well then it could very well be your sketch structure is in error. However our problem is we can't yet see your code in this thread and even no link to older posting that may hold your code?

Lefty

Go Up