Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due + CMOS Camera (Image Sensor) (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Here is a website for interfacing CMOS camera modules with Arduino.
www.arducam.com

A very odd web site.

It says it is an open source project but I could not find any schematics on the site. I could not find out where to buy one from or even the price. Is is hard to say exactly what part the arduino plays in the image capture and data processing process.

HazardsMind

Those are actually not cheap, they go for about $80 on ebay, and thats just the LCD and standard camera unit.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

PeterH

Here is a website for interfacing CMOS camera modules with Arduino.
www.arducam.com

A very odd web site.

Agreed. There doesn't seem to be any information about how to make/buy any of the hardware, and the number of spelling and grammatical mistakes is unusually high.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

msingh

@Grumpy_Mike

Thank you for correcting my calculations. Just looking at the schematic for the sensor, there is a SData and SClk input that feeds in from the microcontroller, so I assumed that would require the TWI or I2C interface. And if this is case, with a 78 second transfer, I would probably have to compress the image prior to releasing it for a reduced transfer time. Is this correct ? Are there any other methods ? Also how how do I begin looking into compression ?

I was not sure about your reference to "pick up" ? Is it the pick up resistors ? If so they are 1.5Kohm for the clock and data line and 10Kohm for reset.

@ArduFans

Thank you for the link. I will look into it shortly.

Go Up