Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sublime Text and Stino: Best IDE you can have.  (Read 20251 times)
Norfolk UK
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

As it costs $70 I will stick with Gedit and maybe spend the money on Arduino hardware.

...R
Same here. 70 dollars can buy a lot of arduinos trinkets. I will stick with Notepad ++ with added arduino keywords.

View Profile

Why can't I get this to work ?

I'm using XP and have downloaded SublimeText 3; this is in C: Program Files/Sublime Text 3.  I ran this and did the Python code fragment into the console from the GitHub Robot Will page.  This has put a file into  Documents and Settings/<user>/Application Data / Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages, which has the name "Package Control.sublime-package" and is 130KB in size .  SublimeText is registered but I'm not getting anything that is showing 'Arduino' in any of the menu items.

Where have I gone wrong.

Rob 

Arduino rocks
View Profile

As it costs $70 I will stick with Gedit and maybe spend the money on Arduino hardware.

...R
Same here. 70 dollars can buy a lot of arduinos trinkets. I will stick with Notepad ++ with added arduino keywords.

There is an unlimited evaluation  period, not a trial. The evaluation is full featured. It also doesn't bug you about purchasing a license.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Why can't I get this to work ?

I'm using XP and have downloaded SublimeText 3; this is in C: Program Files/Sublime Text 3.
Where have I gone wrong.

Rob 

I believe that Sublime Text 2 is the current stable version (specifically 2.0.2). Try installing that version instead. I think 3 is currently in Beta, which may be breaking the plugin.

View Profile

Has anyone had problems with the serial monitor in Sublime Text  2 / Stino  ?
I open it through the Arduino menu in Sublime Text and nothing shows up.  I'm set to the correct serial port and I'm running a sketch that prints to the monitor.  It works fine when I test it in the Arduino IDE.  What am I doing wrong?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: