Go Down

Topic: Sublime Text and Stino: Best IDE you can have. (Read 23536 times) previous topic - next topic

Riva

As it costs $70 I will stick with Gedit and maybe spend the money on Arduino hardware.

...R

Same here. 70 dollars can buy a lot of arduinos trinkets. I will stick with Notepad ++ with added arduino keywords.
I might seem like an idiot but remember it takes one to know one.
Forum user generally fall into three categories (the good, the bad & the a**hole) what category do you fit in?

Why can't I get this to work ?

I'm using XP and have downloaded SublimeText 3; this is in C: Program Files/Sublime Text 3.  I ran this and did the Python code fragment into the console from the GitHub Robot Will page.  This has put a file into  Documents and Settings/<user>/Application Data / Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages, which has the name "Package Control.sublime-package" and is 130KB in size .  SublimeText is registered but I'm not getting anything that is showing 'Arduino' in any of the menu items.

Where have I gone wrong.

Rob 

Emonroe7

As it costs $70 I will stick with Gedit and maybe spend the money on Arduino hardware.

...R

Same here. 70 dollars can buy a lot of arduinos trinkets. I will stick with Notepad ++ with added arduino keywords.

There is an unlimited evaluation  period, not a trial. The evaluation is full featured. It also doesn't bug you about purchasing a license.

Emonroe7

Why can't I get this to work ?

I'm using XP and have downloaded SublimeText 3; this is in C: Program Files/Sublime Text 3.
Where have I gone wrong.

Rob 

I believe that Sublime Text 2 is the current stable version (specifically 2.0.2). Try installing that version instead. I think 3 is currently in Beta, which may be breaking the plugin.

Has anyone had problems with the serial monitor in Sublime Text  2 / Stino  ?
I open it through the Arduino menu in Sublime Text and nothing shows up.  I'm set to the correct serial port and I'm running a sketch that prints to the monitor.  It works fine when I test it in the Arduino IDE.  What am I doing wrong?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy