Go Down

Topic: Programming a DIP8 EEPROM with a duemilanove (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I am new to eeprom programming, especially using a microcontroller. I dont want to spend large amounts of money on a programmer. The chip is a Winbond 25Q64BVAIG on a DIP8 socket, it was originally a BIOS for an Asus motherboard. I cannot find a datasheet on this specific chip, but http://www.winbond-usa.com/NR/rdonlyres/591A37FF-007C-4E99-956C-F7EE4A6D9A8F/0/W25Q64BV.pdf seems to be the same chip on a surface mount form factor. It has a max power rating of 3.6v, so I would have to program using the 3.3v power on the board, as opposed to 5v. I have the pinout and no idea where to go from here. How would I go about programming this chip with a new BIOS? I have a solderless breadboard and a lot of low-power caps and resistors, leds and such.

How would I go about programming this chip with a new BIOS?

First question that comes to mind is this. Do you have the new BIOS you want to put on the chip? In what form?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131