Go Down

Topic: Have any other Australians had their complaints "escalated" by Telstra? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

wizdum

If you listen carefully, you can hear them flipping pages in their "how to respond to customers" manual. If its not in there, you are SOL. I have only run into a few companies that hire competent staff. Time Warner Cable (if you call during regular biz hours), Hover, and Ting.

I had a Sanyo tech that insisted for a half hour that I needed to change the SSID and WEP settings of my wired (yes, wired) router.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Msquare

Som of us have worked "on the other side"  ]:) Well, for me, it was a professional software so I never have had to deal with "the general public". But some in my family have - f.eks. cable TV. If you think you have run accross some clueless people in support, that is nothing to how many clueless people are out there. :)

retrolefty

Som of us have worked "on the other side"  ]:) Well, for me, it was a professional software so I never have had to deal with "the general public". But some in my family have - f.eks. cable TV. If you think you have run accross some clueless people in support, that is nothing to how many clueless people are out there. :)

Reminds me of a tech support person who posted a story about a clueless customer complaining that they couldn't get their PC to work. Long story short there seemed to be a total building AC power outage! The dialog back and forth between tech support to customer was to die for.  :D

Lefty

Go Up